Wednesday, April 17, 2013

At about 9:00...

At about 9:00...:

'via Blog this'

At about 9:00 Sunday morning, Dylan Miller knocked on our door and asked to speak with Betty and I. He was looking very serious. I invited him to come in, and I led him to the living room, and I asked Betty to join us. When we were all seated, Dylan asked our permission to propose to Laura. I said, "absolutely." I told him to make her happy. I told him that means to spend time with her every day, even when it is difficult. Since then, I've thought of all kinds of "wise" things I might have said, but I trust I said the right things. Dylan showed Betty and I the engagement ring he intended to give to Laura. Early that afternoon he proposed to Laura, and she accepted. Laura asked me not to tell anyone until she had a chance to talk with a few key people first. So now the cat is out of the box. (I know that's not the phrase, but all of my geek friends will understand the poetic significance of boxes, cats, and quantum states.)
I believe they have set a tentative date of August 16th!

No comments: